Three Tips for Using Magic to Help the Planet

Those of you who have been keeping up with the news lately are aware that humanity is facing a number of environmental crises. There has been a lot of talk about helping the environment, and I suspect that in light of these discussions, many aspiring magicians are also beginning to think about the subject of using magic to help the planet. In this article, I want to give aspiring magicians three tips regarding the subject of using magic to help the planet.

Tip 1: Focus on your training.

Keep in mind that you will be able to do a lot more to help the planet using magic if you are a magician than if you aren't. A magician is someone who has successfully worked through a good magical training system like IIH, rather than just anyone who dabbles in occult subjects. What many Bardonists forget is that there is a difference between trying to do something and actually doing it. I see a lot of aspiring magicians trying to use magic to help the planet. Are any of them actually using magic to help the planet? High school students who want to help buildings become more earthquake-resistant don't start designing earthquake-resistant buildings immediately after graduating. They go to college and study structural engineering for four years. High school students who want to help sick people don't start prescribing medication to others immediately after graduating. They go to medical school for a few years. Similarly, aspiring magicians who want to use magic to help the planet need to realize that unless they have magical power and magical wisdom, they won't be able to do much. Often, when it comes to magic, the most valuable thing they can do for the planet is to remain focused on their training.

This doesn't mean you should completely refrain from using magical techniques to help the planet. Even if you're an aspiring magician rather than a magician, meaning you haven't fully worked through a complete magical training system like IIH but are in the process of doing so, there are still some things you can do. Just keep the following two pieces of advice in mind.

1. Don't attempt to use magical techniques you aren't really qualified to use. For example, if you are on Step 1 of IIH, don't attempt to use electromagnetic volts or the formulas in KTQ.

2. Don't let your attempts to help the planet through magic distract you from your magical training.

The bottom line is that if you desire to help the planet with magic but aren't willing to stay focused on their training, then you're just someone with a noble desire who lacks the power and wisdom to make this desire a reality. Nothing will come out of your desire, and at the end of your incarnation, you will still be desiring to help the planet with magic instead of actually helping the planet with magic. Helping the planet with magic is a great goal to have; however, to succeed in reaching any great goal, you need a plan broken down into clear steps. The first step in this case should be to become a magician, so this should be your main priority for the time being.

Tip 2: Do not forget about non-magical ways of helping the planet.

Pretty much all the adepts I know unanimously agree that if you are trying to accomplish something using magic, you should use the right combination of magical and non-magical methods. If you are a beginning student of the Bardon system, you probably don't have a lot of magical power. However, you can still make an effort to live sustainably and encourage others to live sustainability. In fact, if you can't even do this, I'd suggest forgetting about trying to use magic to help the planet. Thinking you can rely on magic alone to solve problems is a dangerous (and lazy) attitude for magicians to have. Magic often does not work the way you think it does. You don't just evoke a spirit using the techniques in PME and order the spirit to clean up the mess humanity has created. Many of the aspiring magicians who message me about using magic to help the planet haven't given any thought to reducing their own carbon footprint or water footprint. I know because this is usually one of the first things I ask them.

Tip 3: Read Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee's article "Darkening: A Four-Point Plan."

In the first tip, I mentioned that if you aren't a magician, the amount of help you'll be able to give to the planet via magic is relatively small compared to the amount of help a magician is able to give to the planet via magic. I really don't think this is a bold statement. It's like saying when it comes to healing sick people, properly trained doctors are of more help than those with little medical training.

However, I also mentioned that even if you aren't a magician, there are still a few things you can do that will help the planet and prepare you for when you begin serious work in service to the land as a magician upon completing your training. To learn about some of the things you can do, I suggest reading Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee's article, which can be found at this link.

Be kind. 

Comments

  1. Just a note of thanks. I've been reading your books and they are a great help in following Bardon's steps of initiation. I'm very grateful to you, Rawn Clark and William Mistele - all of whom are extensively quoted by you. I was not aware Mistele was an initiate in the Bardon system until I read your books. Now, having gone back to some of his writings, they too are quite useful.

    Thank you, most warmly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your remarks. I'm glad my writings have been of use to you, and I appreciate you taking the time to let me know.

      Delete
  2. Hi Virgil,

    I found your material quite by accident and I must say it is quite helpful. My post here is irrelevant to the article. But I wanted to get your contact so I can ask a few questions about the IIH journey that I begun recently. Please if you could indulge me. My email is faridikim@gmail.com. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fareeid. Are you on Facebook? If so, send a message to my page and I will reply. This is my preferred method of corresponding with people about magic and my writings because it makes things easier if I keep all of my interactions on the same platform.

      If you are not on Facebook, let me know and I will email you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Arrogance is a Poison

The Void

Three Tips for Preparing for Your Early Morning Practice Sessions